Search the forum,

Discuss pipe runs - confliciting advice in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Can a kitchen sink discharge pipe starting at 60 cm height run for 4.5m, then join another sink discharge pipe at 51cm height, then continue for 11m discharging at 35cm height?

I have kitchen-to-be 4m x 3m. doorway at 7 o’clock. Mini-sink at 5 o’clock. Main sink at 1 o’clock. Pipes run goes anti-clockwise to a macerator unit somewhere at the 15m mark at doorway. AAV on the way there.

Looking to have mini sink discharge for 4.5m run into main sink pipe; then that runs for 11m into macerator unit. All 3% gradient. With AAV. Builder told me “no, you’ll need 3 macerator units, one each for sink and another for washing machine (at the 14m point). This conflicts with other info I’ve been told.

If you have a kitchen to be get them to dig a drain in. I would not be spending 20k+ and then having to compromise about the waste going into a saniflo which will be nothing but problems and noisy

OK Sorry - I'm in a basement flat, the room is underground and nearest soil pipe is 5m from doorway. So saniflo near kitchn door will pump up then horizontal to main waste 100mm pipe. It's just getting to the macerator unit is the conflict.

No you would need to pump it 25mm a meter fall

Give Saniflo a ring and see what they say. Their website says it can take 3 connections but worth double checking that it will do 3 sinks/washing machine/ dishwasher etc depending on whats going in.

Thanks Fowlerboi - the macerator issue is more for after the initial problem/conflict is resolved. Just wanted to get the sink pipes to the saniflo first of all, and then figure which macertor is best. Really interested in the 15m 2 x sink pipe run issue - why the builder said it isn't possible. As far as I can see it has a 3% gradient.

Hi ShaunCorbs - right, so if I start at the mini sink at 60cm, join the main sink after 4.5m at 52.5 (will satisfy 25mm per m). Then another 11m will have me at 25cm height. (satisfying 25mm per m again). This will meet one of the saniflo holes. And have a bit to spare for the join. This is OK? (with AAV)

Your going to be out I think on height just also will have to be 2” pipe

Hi ShaunCorbs.

I do have some wiggle room with the 2nd length. The 11m goes around a 40cm thick stone wall. If necessary I can move the saniflo closer so 8m instead of 11m. It would be a bit tight next to the washing machine/utility room but I can make it work.

I couldn't quite understand why the builder was saying 'that won't work' so quickly. He was suggesting a macerator for each point - mini-sink, main sink and washing machine.

Hi ShaunCorbs.

I do have some wiggle room with the 2nd length. The 11m goes around a 40cm thick stone wall. If necessary I can move the saniflo closer so 8m instead of 11m. It would be a bit tight next to the washing machine/utility room but I can make it work.

I couldn't quite understand why the builder was saying 'that won't work' so quickly. He was suggesting a macerator for each point - mini-sink, main sink and washing machine.
1 macerator will work depending on model.

As Shaun said, 2” pipe to macerator. Will also need to be ventilated at sink end.

Reply to pipe runs - confliciting advice in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock