Discuss Pipe leak Advice Would Be Appreciated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bradfield2010

Help Please. Has anyone heard of testing a sealed system using high pressure (8bar) as a method of sealing push fit polyplumb connectors that may not have initially installed properly and were leaking. We have recently had a massive underground leak in a new build that initially showed pressure loss during testing at 1.5bar but then was tested a 8bar and miraculously the leak seemed to have disappeared thereafter. The damage is massive and although drying out now, the insurance company wont pay out because current leak detection shows no pipe leak. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Regards jhk

No testing to high pressure is not a substitute for correct installation. It is a requirement of the manufacturer to test to a high pressure for a short time to ensure the stainless grab rings bite in properly. Different manufacturers have different pressures and durations and they can tell after the fact if it's actually been done. How did you manage to get a fitting underground?

All of the downstairs piping, including under-floor heating are laid beneath a concrete floor. Our leak miraculously seems to have repaired itself but only after pressurising to 8bar. Someone has advised that push fit joints can be made to seal by increased pressure causing components to be crushed together. We have had a massive leak over 6 months and the damage is extensive but tests now show no leak (after 8bar test) and because the insurance company cant pinpoint the leak they wont pay out! The plumber also says no leak no blame! We are left with huge damage (now drying out but need replastering, new skirting, decorating and carpet etc @ huge cost) and no one accepting responsibility. NOT GOOD!!!!

shouldnt be any joints under the concrete, need to trace the leak source and expose it and then discuss problem with plumber and probably take some legal advice re insurance company or try Jessica Gorse williams at daily telegraph, who loves taking on insureres and putting them in place plus the insurers hate bad press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe leak Advice Would Be Appreciated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock