Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe Centres too Narrow for Bar Shower in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I’m having a bit of an issue trying to fit a mixer shower bar, the pipe centres are around 3/4mm too narrow! I’ve attached a photo below, is there a simple fitting I can by to narrow the pipe centres by a few mm?

Attachments

• B2C5A289-AB38-4A6D-A292-9BEF51C1FCC2.jpeg
    B2C5A289-AB38-4A6D-A292-9BEF51C1FCC2.jpeg
    343.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 7587B9D9-38A4-4C87-8CBC-B06C101D79C0.jpeg
    7587B9D9-38A4-4C87-8CBC-B06C101D79C0.jpeg
    332.5 KB · Views: 26
Are the wall ones 150mm centres ?

Can you undo the screws and push the pipes apart

Your fecked then would see if you remove the mastic if you can move the pipes then

An experienced plumber will know how much 'persuasion' the pipes can take and I'd imagine with mastic removed and a little prep that that difference can be persuaded.
If not then im afraid its nocking out some tiles or cutting access from behind

An experienced plumber will know how much 'persuasion' the pipes can take and I'd imagine with mastic removed and a little prep that that difference can be persuaded.
If not then im afraid its nocking out some tiles or cutting access from behind
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to have a look. I’ve also bought the below as a back up as it says the centres are adjustable +/- by 25mm

Attachments

• FD2DD1BE-26AD-4EB9-A51B-84B40035BA20.png
    FD2DD1BE-26AD-4EB9-A51B-84B40035BA20.png
    428.1 KB · Views: 16

Reply to Pipe Centres too Narrow for Bar Shower in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24 hours. Its shows a pressure drop of 0.5 bar. The pipe line is fully exposed and I couldn't find any leak on them. What might be the problem. If somebody...
Replies
Views
D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes sunk into wall behind bath. Walls have fresh tiles. Have realised as about to fit shower these pipes one is set higher than the other. If you fit a...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock