Discuss Pipe centres for shower too wide in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I had a plumber start the renovation of my bathroom but he had to be dropped off the job for making several mistakes.

He has fitted the bath and loo, but not the shower nor the basin. He has done the pipework for the shower. Chased the wall out and used 15mm copper pipework. Wall has been tiled, leaving the two pipes exposed to fit the thermostatic shower bar valve. The pipes are 15mm, and the shower valve is 22mm feed, so there will need to be reducing valves used; this is fine.

The challenge now is that the pipe centres are 160mm but the shower valve is 150mm. He's obviously mis-measured. Tiles are done. My father and I are attempting to finish the job, but not sure what can be done to remedy this mistake and compensate for the extra 10mm. There is some give, but not a lot.

Any advice that doesn't involve smashing the tiles!?

Thanks
Betz

So, in the description on the link, it states adjustable centres 135mm to 165mm, surely this will fit?
Hi. Yes that will fit.
It's just that in his original post, the OP mentioned a "thermostatic shower bar valve", from which I assumed he already has the mixer he wants to use.
Apologies if that's not the case.

If it's a thermostatic bar mixer then use a fast fit kit. Nibble at the tiles with a small masonry drill bit on the insides until you gain 5mm on both sides. The fixing kit will cover the holes you make. Also a quick squirt of clear silicone into the holes to seal it up.

Reply to Pipe centres for shower too wide in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
Hi there, so I have 0 plumbing knowledge here so sorry if I say the wrong things. Currently we have a Mira Moto Shower ( equivalent to Minilite)...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a shower which has pipe centres of 110mm. Looking for a new shower but it looks like all the modern showers have a pipe centre of...
Replies
Views
M
Ok so, I supplied a shower valve, overhead shower and riser to a customer that was having it installed by a plumber. Hands up I made a mistake...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock