Discuss Pipe bending help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Richard and Steve here. In the real world no one would ever have use for these calculations so they are irrelevant. Plumbing is not precision engineering.
I've also noticed they make the students pipe stuff up in MI. Another handy thing that 99% will never see again but i suppose the skills are handy.

Neuralite.....now i quite liked that, except for the blisters:D

I pull all my bends by eye...and I would say a good 17% of them fit perfectly everytime! LOL :)

I remember learning all this crap in college. Just get through it and get your qualification, then do what we all do, and bend it too long and throw the off cuts in a scrap pile. Time is money.

I think it means that the 275 & 300 are the lengths of the arc of the inside and outside of the bend respectively .. the inner part of the pipe compresses and the outer part stretches to form the bend .. so a quick answer is 300-275 = 25/2= 12.5 so the centre line arc and length to be allowed for the bend would be - 287.5 !

I bought my benders in about 2001 and since then i have been ok with them. However after looking at that link above my life will be easier from now on for sure!

Thatnks guys

Pipe 'Gain' is 1.5 times the diameter of the pipe used...
15mm pipe = 15*1.5=22.5mm to the centre of the pipe! Usually rounded up to 23mm
Its in the Foot notes of the study guides (sides of pages)
Hope this helps, took me time to find it too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe bending help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock