Currently reading:
pipe bender to fit in cordless drill

Discuss pipe bender to fit in cordless drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
A builder told me today he seen a plumber using a pipe bender once with a corless drill atatched to it!!! anybody seen or heard of one before???
also whats your reviews on the milwaukee pipe cutter??? anybody got one?

Saw a couple of them in germany. Bends slower than a first day apprentice on the job at 16!

most you can do on them is 22mm.

i have the milwaukee pipe slice and like it. Serves a purpose but i do admit i use my pipe slices more. It does save your wrists tbh.

its like marmite.

No he means ones which you put onto a hammer drill as an attachment.

they were aroun 900 euros at the show when i saw them.

Normal bending machine & normal pipe slice for me jjjeeessss are we getting lazy?

Do they do a sandwich slinger attachment for a drill. Won't need to stop for a break then.

its true, try having a day without a cordless screwdriver......... wow you soon realise how strong your arms and wrist's were back in the day. I can still remember the first time i worked on heating as an apprentice, my job was to fix all the rads, pipes clips using 2/12 x 10 screws and a 6 inch screwdriver. I was not allowed to use the lads yankee screwdriver's. I had to save to buy a yankee but it made me appreciate good tools.

its true, try having a day without a cordless screwdriver......... wow you soon realise how strong your arms and wrist's were back in the day. I can still remember the first time i worked on heating as an apprentice, my job was to fix all the rads, pipes clips using 2/12 x 10 screws and a 6 inch screwdriver. I was not allowed to use the lads yankee screwdriver's. I had to save to buy a yankee but it made me appreciate good tools.

day one i had an impact.

my friend was slightly silly in his car and i got pretty damn beat up but mainly the joints in my arms and wrists.

two weeks of doing absolutly nothing and then 6 more weeks only light tasks made me seriously weak. Im still amazed how quickly muscle wastes.

next 6 months it was screw drivers and bending springs!
My friends who are gym rats still wince when i give them a hand shake :D

2 1/2 x 10s for clips??? why so big??? 1 1/2 x 8 will do me nice!!! except for drywall!

2 1/2 x 10s for clips??? why so big??? 1 1/2 x 8 will do me nice!!! except for drywall!

in those days you were luck to have more than one size screw off the gaffa. In fact your were lucky to get anything at all of him.

Been there this week left my battery charger at my girl friends house last week end, I had one battery to last me the week, I did not has a short pozi screw driver, so ended up using the chuck adaptor off my Milwaukee SDS drill with a screwdriver bit in it. I think it is called " Thinking #outside the box" lol

or its called "unorganized" spanner2k7 :p .......... only joking!

that's for air con copper the reason they use that tool is they've trained as sparks and the *****'s cant pull a bend on a manual bender:)

that's for air con copper the reason they use that tool is they've trained as sparks and the *****'s cant pull a bend on a manual bender:)

mark,

Fridge pipe is 3 times thicker than plumbing pipe and I would not like to bend 1.1/8" gas line on any bender that didn't have a pump or a motor. Anyway Mark two different systems, plumbing use as may fittings as you want the good old pump will pump it around, fridge making bends and setts, less to braze, less chance of crap inside the pipe, who worries how much crap is inside a heating system, flux by the tin load, no one knows how much goes into a new system.

Last edited by a moderator:
you can use as many fittings as you want on fridge pipework as long as it's purged with nitrogen and vacced out properly same with plumbing you need to flush out the flux, I've bent 1 1/8 copper on a manual rachet bender its easier than 28mm copper, air con pipe might be slightly thicker but its softer due to it being purer. copper hope this clears up your confusion?

first 2 years as an apprentice we didnt have anything electric to drill holes breast drill or rawlplug tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipe bender to fit in cordless drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock