Discuss Pilot problem with Worcester Bosch Combi Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mavisgg

Hi everyone I am a new member and would like some advice.
My Worcester Bosch pilot is always going out, this week with the high winds it has been as many as 3 and 4 times in the day, done it twice up to now today. My plumber said that it is because of the position on the side of the house. Can anyone tell me if it can be re-positioned or can it be another cause?
Many thanks.

High winds have always been problematic for boilers with pilot lights.
But it could also be due to dust in the wrong place or a component that needs renewing.

A thorough service should sort it out, just make sure that your plumber is Gas Safe Registered.

Many thanks for your quick reply. The plumber is due to come to service the boiler any time now, he said two weeks, four weeks ago, but no doubt he is very busy at the moment. Your reply about the dust made me think, because about two months he had to fit a new expansion vessel because of the pressure dropping. I have never missed a yearly service by the plumber who originally fitted it and when he semi retired, three years ago he recommended my present plumber. He didn't mind doing some plumbing work but not with gas as his Corgi registration had finished and he did not want to carry on being accredited, as it was costly. I will give my plumber a reminder. Thanks again. Mavis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pilot problem with Worcester Bosch Combi Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting...
Replies
Views
T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud...
Replies
Views
Help Please We have a 2005 Worcester Bosch Oil Heatslave 26/32 that is fitted with the optional timer. Recently we have a problem. To get either...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone - despite my best efforts I can't seem find a clear answer on how to wire a single channel Hive Receiver to a Worcester Bosch...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock