Search the forum,

Discuss Pilot on but no gas burning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave-G

Hi all. I'm a newbie with a boiler problem. I have an Apollo 30S boiler, so vented system.

Yesterday morning it was firing fine with the heating/hot water when it made an odd noise, kind of a triple click - like the single click when it fires up or shuts down. On closer inspection there was no gas burning. The pilot was on and the fan running as if everything was fine but no roaring gas. Same thing yesterday evening - fine for a while but triple click, no gas burning. Same this morning.

It seems OK if I turn the programmer off and leave it all to cool down for while but then I get the triple click.

I'm obviously no expert and know I need to get someone Gas Safe in, but it would be good to have an idea of what the problem might be.

Thanks in advance! :wink:

Gas safe registered heating engineer you need !

You can put your post code in gas safes website to find the closest to you if you don't know anyone.

It sounds like a boiler fault and you do need to be gas safe registered to work on it.

There could be one or more of @10 issues causing your boiler to behave like it's behaving.

Best call someone who knows the boiler

As above. We do not give advice regarding boiler repairs on open forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pilot on but no gas burning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a portable gas fire which keeps switching off. The pilot light lifts for 10 seconds, critically above the thermocouple and then the gas cuts out. It i smore noticeable when I walk past it and stir a slight breeze. I have blown out the pilot light assembly and it worked for an entire day...
Replies
Views
D
Recently noticed a gas smell coming from my ideal classic RS50 boiler. Cadent have been out and confirmed a small leak and capped off the gas. The question I have though is that the gas smell only appears when the boiler fires up not when the pilot is burning normally. Gas smell continues as...
Replies
Views
I have an old Modena 80 E combi boiler that is randomly short cycling on windy days. The burner goes out and re-ignites within a few seconds and continues to burn for between five and forty seconds before stopping again. Under normal conditions the boiler works fine but as soon as it gusts over...
Replies
Views
I have an older gas boiler HW heating system with a taco circulator pump for each zone that worked fine last season. When turning it on for the 1st time this season I found a problem with the boiler not running on one of the zones. If I turn on the heat to zone 1 I hear the system...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, My customer has a gas fire (Gazco Logic HE fire, about 10 years old). It's a slide control fire. The fire has become difficult to light. One has to push a lot more firmly down on the control slide to get it to light. At which point, all is fine. The pilot is good, new battery...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock