Discuss PEX-AL-PEX for hot water return (manifold system) in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Have you checked with the manufacturer if it can be used on potable water?
we get 500m coils of a very similar pipe to that, from Wunda floor. But it’s only been certified for use on closed heating circuits. That’s not to say it won’t work or leak. It means the company hasn’t put it through the testing process, needed to make it wras approved.
if it isn't, you could invalidation your insurance, if there was a problem and a claim.
Thank you, that's a really good tip. At the moment, I can't get any response from the company (based in Spain - Pipex). I'm going to try calling them, but I thought email would be the best way, given the potential language barrier.

When I spoke to polypipe technical about this a few years ago they told me the constant temperature was caused the inner layer to fail bog big enough bits got back to the secondary pump to jam it.
We do a fair few secondary return systems use tectite metal tube with correct insert and there demountable fittings. You need there re rounding tool but you can bend it with a machine clip only once every meter what's not to like!

Hi All. I thought it was only polite to round this off... I opted to go copper for the hot water loop, but poly everywhere else. It was £400 for labour and materials for the first phase. It'll probably be just a bit less for the other side of the house (two-stage build). I thought taking the risk on plastic was a false economy for a house I'll be living in for 30yrs+. I saved the money by installing all my own waste / soil pipes (above ground) and supply pipes from the manifolds, plus the cold loop. It was a piece of p*ss tbf. Really appreciate everyone's thoughts and views.

Hi All. I thought it was only polite to round this off... I opted to go copper for the hot water loop, but poly everywhere else. It was £400 for labour and materials for the first phase. It'll probably be just a bit less for the other side of the house (two-stage build). I thought taking the risk on plastic was a false economy for a house I'll be living in for 30yrs+. I saved the money by installing all my own waste / soil pipes (above ground) and supply pipes from the manifolds, plus the cold loop. It was a piece of p*ss tbf. Really appreciate everyone's thoughts and views.

Any pics of your install?

Reply to PEX-AL-PEX for hot water return (manifold system) in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, new to this forum and looking for a bit of advice please. Have been noticing recently some odd behaviour with our hot water system. If...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two indirect water cylinders (Gledhill) connected to a gas boiler (Vaillant). The system is setup/programmed so that the tanks heat up...
Replies
Views
Please see the RED marked area; The Hot water service (HWS) rretun line having a Check valve what is the purpose of this valve here? also i can...
Replies
Views
Hi, We recently had the pressure tank replaced in our system as the old one started leaking. Since the replacement, I've seen two problems. The...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I had my gas combi boiler serviced last month and the engineer completed the job, filled out the paperwork and said it was in good...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back