Discuss PEX-AL-PEX for hot water return (manifold system) in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

(Bear with me this is my first post on here...)

We're putting in a manifold system for the H+C in the bathrooms of our new house (self-build). What are everyone's opinions on using PEX-AL-PEX pipe for our hot water return system, please? Good or bad idea? The pipe says: Tmax 95 degrees C / 10 bar / ISO 9001. There's another code, but the piece I have only has 070M, then it's cut. Do I need to check the rest of it?

It's hard to find my guidance online.

Any chance of a pic of the pipe ?

My understanding was that you couldn't use Plastic on a HW circulating return circuit and that draw offs had to be at least a meter in copper before going to plastic - however not sure on the type of pipe system you are using they may approve it.

Thanks both. Here are some pics. It's Pipex pipe, but their website wasn't very helpful. It seems to be used for UFH a lot, but assuming that's not an indicator as that runs at lower temperatures?

Attachments

• IMG_20200214_104403~2.jpg
    IMG_20200214_104403~2.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20200214_104809.jpg
    IMG_20200214_104809.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 28
Yep your fine for using it for secondary returns it’s classed as mlcp

Reply to PEX-AL-PEX for hot water return (manifold system) in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, new to this forum and looking for a bit of advice please. Have been noticing recently some odd behaviour with our hot water system. If...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two indirect water cylinders (Gledhill) connected to a gas boiler (Vaillant). The system is setup/programmed so that the tanks heat up...
Replies
Views
Please see the RED marked area; The Hot water service (HWS) rretun line having a Check valve what is the purpose of this valve here? also i can...
Replies
Views
Hi, We recently had the pressure tank replaced in our system as the old one started leaking. Since the replacement, I've seen two problems. The...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I had my gas combi boiler serviced last month and the engineer completed the job, filled out the paperwork and said it was in good...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock