Discuss payments in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys general question how long do you give customers to pay bills
most of mine pay on completion

Payment on completion, but always tell client you will return after a few weeks to check integrity of system. If the cheque don't clear you can always find faulty component that needs return/replacement by merchant. All in the interest of safety.
If payment is cleared this courtesy call is appreciated as your dedication to customer satisfaction.

yeah thats what i normally do i have a customer who needs boiler fitted pronto old one been shut off by bg
but they dont want to pay untill end of month
i was recommended to them so not done work for them before
im kinda getting a bad vibe from them

yeah thats what i normally do i have a customer who needs boiler fitted pronto old one been shut off by bg
but they dont want to pay untill end of month
i was recommended to them so not done work for them before
im kinda getting a bad vibe from them

End of month is 2 weeks, surely they have can cover the cost of the boiler now and tell them that warranty etc stays with you until final payment is made and see how they react.

I wouldn't screw the boiler to the wall until cleared funds are in your account. People can always BACS money....clears very quickly. If they can't pay 1/2 upfront then I guarantee you'll have problems...

most working families get paid at end of month, in my experience, can't fund a new boiler midway, you'll trust your gut instinct and either walk or give them two weeks' strap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to payments in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am fortunate to be at the stage where I'm looking to expand and take on a plumber to help with the workload. I am new to this and...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm saying hello so I can keep my account live. I'm more of a reader than a poster. As a beginner/ complete novice, I just need to find...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate...
Replies
Views
Hi folks Do you guys fit your own timber panels or get a chippy in? A lad I know has fitted one of the mdf panels with the 100mm skirting trim...
Replies
Views
Back