Discuss Parts warning on Plumbworld Shower Enclosures in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ted

Just been in touch with Plumbworld and have been advised they do not have parts for a quadrant shower enclosure from 2008.

The wheels have failed rendering the enclosure useless after four years. Not only is the enclosure useless so is the whole installation.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Is it the wheels that have gone or the wheel assembly. If it's the wheels take a good one to an engineering company and see if they can lathe some spares, might be a few ££ but cheaper than a new enclosure.

I hate sliding doors with a vengeance. They stick, they jam, they fail eventually in many cases. I try where possible to fit a pivot door, far less mechanical moving parts that can fail.

If on a budget, you can get a 6mm glass pivot door and stone tray for about £170 on Ebay. Last one I bought was 1200mm x 900mm and perfect for a budget shower room. Not had a problem with one yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, plumb world have asked me to respond and tell you to contact them via email, and mark the subject in the email to "Customer Services Manager". They did want to respond, however our own rules state they can't, so they did kindly ask that I post this information for the OP.

Their email address is: [email protected]

They will try their best to help by the looks of it.

Hope I helped.

it's good to see a company offering to help rather than the usual out of stock can't get hold of etc.

Good job Plumbworld, for monitoring and reacting to this kind of thing. Whatever solution is found, credit is due for trying. As Steveb said, most firms just don't bother.

They did want to respond, however our own rules state they can't...

Which raises a question for the forum admin and the mods, I suppose...

If Plumbworld had come on the forum to respond, would they have been slapped? I notice one or two manufacturers post on the forum, and very helpful they are too.

Would it be better to encourage them, or do you fear it would end up with loads of manufacturers & suppliers posting unwanted advertising?

Big thumbs up to Plumbworld for dealing with it. :)

Just been in touch with Plumbworld and have been advised they do not have parts for a quadrant shower enclosure from 2008.

The wheels have failed rendering the enclosure useless after four years. Not only is the enclosure useless so is the whole installation.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Take a look here:-

shower wheels | eBay

Which raises a question for the forum admin and the mods, I suppose...

If Plumbworld had come on the forum to respond, would they have been slapped? I notice one or two manufacturers post on the forum, and very helpful they are too.

Would it be better to encourage them, or do you fear it would end up with loads of manufacturers & suppliers posting unwanted advertising?

Big thumbs up to Plumbworld for dealing with it. :)

Generally we don't allow it at all. They have their own support channels in all cases and when we've allowed it, the fine line between helping a customer with an issue and selling to a potential new customer is often too fine. A lot of the time they start posting polls and generally trying to use the forum for market research etc etc - and that's what the sponsorship is for.

If accounts get reported to us we take a look at their activity here. We've got a fair few firms on here who just chat plumbing. Then there are the sales reps under the radar that take a few months for us to work out who they are, and they get silently removed nearly all the time.

Plumb World did actually try to post this themselves and the system automatically prevented them, so they got in touch to ask why. That's the way I'd prefer it to happen and then I know for sure it's not sales-orientated. And they can always come back to me if they spot another issue, which gets our relationship worked on should there become a spot for them in the future, which at the moment there isn't.

Pretty sure they have enquired before now to be honest too so 'they' should have known not to register and try and post. Though clearly bigger firms have lots of staff and it's not always possible to let them all know. We probably had an email from their marketing team, yet this was from their customer support team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Parts warning on Plumbworld Shower Enclosures in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock