Search the forum,

Discuss Partial block in toilet. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the last few weeks the upstairs en suite toilet hasn't been flushing completely. Occasionally there were remains in the bowl after flushing, but there was no significant rise in the water level in the bowl on flushing.

I have started with the basics like dumping an extra bowlful of water down the bowl as it is flushing. I have also used a flexible drain cleaning spring, of which I am able to insert the entire 2m length and move it around freely. However the problem is not solved as a brown tell-tale layer appears in the bottom of the water if not flushed for a few hours.

Can anyone suggest what type of blockage I may have, and how best to remedy it? There is no smell from the toilet.

There's no obvious blockage anywhere in the toilet. On flushing, there is a very small rise in the level, but no more than an inch. It's certainly not the typical case of the bowl filling up with water and draining away slowly.

Have you had a look or used your hand to check this?

Do any other WC's run into the stack this WC uses?

Have you lost any over the rim toilet blocks? Last call I had to a partial blockage I had to take the loo out and found a ribena carton jammed in the spigot.

So far I have poked about with a flexible 2m long metal rod and shoved my hand down (with rubber glove) as far as I can reach. We have never used solid cleaning products like blocks, and don't throw rubbish down.

This is the only toilet on this side of the house. The other is on the opposite external wall.

Hmmmmm my nan had a problem like this, I had to pull the toilet out. She had lost the brush part of the toilet brush down there and it got wedged. Think your guna have to pull it out and have a look :D Plenty of boiling water flushed first mind you

Does the soil vent to outside or is it a stub stack with an AAV? (Boxing for soil stack about 800mm high next to pan)

It doesn't go directly to outside. The house was built with all the soil pipes internal behind plasterboard. I've no idea what happens when the waste pipe passes through the wall.

Well the next step is to take the WC off as most of the time you can see the Mr Hanky blocking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Partial block in toilet. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock