Part time flush

Discussion in 'Sanitary Ware' started by Wrenlea, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss Part time flush in the Sanitary Ware area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Wrenlea

Wrenlea New Member

Hi all
    Our cistern has decided not to refill around one in three times having previously stuck maybe one in ten.
    To make it fill I just have to jog the thin plastic serrated shaft on the left (seepicture) This jogs the whole
    mechanism on the left and it immediately fills up.
    I'm thinking of replacing the whole thing but can't see an exact same thing anywhere. It needs to match up with the two push buttons to keep the same lid
    any recommendations would be gratefully viewed
    thanks

Peter

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Change the lot for a fluid master flush kit if you can get the one with a brass tail on the full valve / inlet valve

• Like Like x 1
  3. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR

Does the flush part work if so then keep that as that will still work with the button you have then as above just replace the filler with a fluid master. Again as above if the flush doesn't work then replace the lot for a fluid master flush kit

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Looks like it's catching on the side of the cystern.
    Will just need turning slightly so it has free movement.

5. 1Steven

1Steven Plumber GSR

6. Wrenlea

Wrenlea New Member

Thanks for all the quick replies. I've made a note of the replacement but so far, having turned the blue part a bit anti clockwise it seems to be fine :)