Discuss Part P, From the horses mouth, info I have obatined in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask him in 2 weeks time if he's busy, I have been installing P.V for the last 3-4 months (with a big gap over Christmas!) and I expect the work to fall right off after March 3rd.
will do.
thats my birthday !!
:)

sell it or get back into it, what about pv ? my sparks just got into it, he's busy even tho payments might be reduced, not mcs yet but gets someone in for £600 which cust pays,

got plenty of plumbing going on to be honest, have rewired a couple of houses but not much since then, but better to have the tools ready if the plumbing drys up and work comes along. Im looking to do my solid fuel quals in the next few months as well as i have been seeing more and more interest in this both dry and wet. more feathers in the cap and all that.

i lve in the town where ESSE are made, going to do training there re solid fuel/multifuel. been here over 20 yrs and not done it yet, think its time
as you said its growing market and another feather

part p nonsense,building regulation,all you have to be is competant,but if doing by the book and you wish to notify, notifing body will require you to have a certificate in 17th edition as a minimum,defined scope ,full scope ,waste of time and not needed,

part p nonsense,building regulation,all you have to be is competant,but if doing by the book and you wish to notify, notifing body will require you to have a certificate in 17th edition as a minimum,defined scope ,full scope ,waste of time and not needed,

do you do your own electrical work then?

The problem with the word 'competent' is that someone who isn't competent can't possibly know that they don't know something. Competent in the building regs is defined as someone who is Part P qualified.

A friend's a spark who took over the electrical repairs at a company after their in-house maintenance man managed to give someone a slight electrical shock when he cocked up a repair. The employee complained and HSE took him to court where his defence was that while he wasn't qualified he was competent. The HSE lawyer asked him what Ohm's Law was. He didn't know, and that was the end of his defence. Found guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Part P, From the horses mouth, info I have obatined in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back