Newbie here

Can someone please identify the part in the picture

This is connected to the discharge pipe on our hot water cyclinder

There is a small leak form the black part

Attachments

• 20210126_140740.jpg
    20210126_140740.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 14
Firstly if it's leaking then unless the boiler is nearby and that waste is also being used for the boiler condensate then there shouldn't be any water in the pipe.
It would suggest there's a problem with the unvented hot water cylinder.

Hepvalve or similar, as above.
The black part is a push fit to threaded adapter.
I'd suspect it's the 22mm painted copper pipe that's leaking where it joins the Black plastic, there will be a small reducer in there.

It is an unvented cylinder

The engineer came out and replaced several parts on the cylinder including fitting a new expansion vessel as he said there should not be any water in the pipe

He would not look at this as was not covered by the service

Since new parts fitted does not appear to be leaking but needs to be looked at for piece of mind

Reply to Part identification in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock