Search the forum,

Discuss Parkinson Cowan Gas Tumble Dryer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steveh

Hi Guys,
Can anyone help me with a problem on my 16 year old Parkinson Cowan 45GT gas tumble dryer.
When I switch on, the heat comes on for about 5 saconds then goes off. I have cleaned the filters and changed the flame failure electrode which has not helped.
With one of the small back panels off, I can see the igniter sparking and the gas lighting but it goes off again almost straight away. It does fire up during the cycle but again only for a few seconds.
Could it be the drum thermostats, even though the drum is not even getting warm? If so, where could I buy them?
I know this is an old machine but apart from this, it seems fine!!
Thanks,
Steveh

Hi, I have been looking for a rear bearing for same m/c (45gt) but no luck, so I have scrapped the m/c and bought an electric one. Good news is I kept all of the working parts if you need any.The m/c was 15years old but still working fine apart from the rear bearing.
Let me know if you need my email.
Cheers
Bob.

Thanks for that Bob,
I think I have solved the problem with a new Flame failure electrode. Just for reference for any one else, they have to be set up at 27mm from the lower casing and appear to be quite critical on this. At the moment, it appears to be ok.
Many thanks,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Parkinson Cowan Gas Tumble Dryer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock