Discuss Paragon ideal standard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sasik

Is any of you heard of a gas boiler called PARAGON? It is made by Ideal Standard. This boiler is fitted in one of my costumers property (which they just purchased). I had one look at this boiler yesterday, it look to me like a commercial boiler in a domestic setting. Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks

Paragon is ideal. It's the brand.

You'll need to look for the model still.

Got any pictures?

boiler pictures 221120111177.jpg221120111178.jpg221120111179.jpg

what do you want to know about this boiller?
it is a commercial, if you look on side of nuway it willl have range for its gas input, but i think it needs replacing!!

becareful if your ripping it out, looks like alot of asbestos to me

Ok, so we established the fact that this is a commercial boiler. But way in a domestic property, was this boiler common 40-50 years ago? The property is big, three floors. 8 bedrooms, 3 reception room and two bathroom. The central heating system contained 17 rads and 1 hot water cylinder to supply hot water for the two bathroom. The plan is to replace all of the old rads and cast iron pipe work, new hot water cylinder (probably unvented) and to refit new bathrooms. All this work will be done by the plumber but we need to get a gas engineer to fit new system boiler. Any advise about the boiler size will be appreciated. Also, do you think it will be best to leave the old boiler just where it is and to redirect all the new pipe work from the radiators to the new boiler?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest a total rip out if it's 40years old

As for boiler size. You will need to work that out

As fir boiler recommendation. I would suggest a rhemea Quinta or ideal IMAX

I would also suggest more than one boiler. So have two smaller than one larger. It gives the backup should one fail. And if it's a large system and there is a rather wealthy customer in the property, they prob won't want the inconvenience of a complete break down

But. I don't know what the building is or what the occupancy is. Or how big it is.

Hi Simon, you couldn't be more further then the truth. Yes, it is a very large property and it situated in the heart of the students area of Leeds. The new owner of the property would like to get it up and running as quickly and cheaply as possible with as many students as he can fit in :)

What do you need to know?

How to make it work?

Hi Simon, you couldn't be more further then the truth. Yes, it is a very large property and it situated in the heart of the students area of Leeds. The new owner of the property would like to get it up and running as quickly and cheaply as possible with as many students as he can fit in :)
my daughter is at uni there,
could you please let me know where it is so i can tell her to avoid it please, as i dont want to find and have to diss-it.
cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Paragon ideal standard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock