Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Oxygen depletion sensor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kareem100

Hi,

I'm thinking about installing a new gas fire in my living room. All fires that I've looked at come with an Oxygen Depletion Sensor.

My question is, am i right to assume that I'll be able to keep the gas fire on all day. I'm worried that the oxygen depletion sensor may be triggered when the oxygen levels in the room falls and will keep switching off the gas fire. My living room is 20 ft by 13 ft.

Regards,
Kareem.

do you understand what it is ?

would you rather the gas fire stay on when oxygen levels get dangerously low ? meaning it is likely to kill someone..

the fire should stay on day and night as long as their is enough oxygen in the room and everything else is ok

If you want to keep your fire on all day you must have money to burn!

See above for a sensible answer.

if you want to live then i'd suggest you have a fire with an "oxygen depletion sensor"

This is funny!! :rofl:

kareem I hope YOU are not installing it! You'd be better off getting someone who know's what they are doing ... lol

the chances of oxygen levels falling to dangerous level are very slim, but it is there for extra safety because if they did then you'd be feeling rather sleepy then you wouldn't wake up, is that what you want ?

Alright, Alright keep your hair on !

Only asking if the sensor was going to be oversensitive, and switch when not neccessay to do so.

the fire needs oxygen to burn when you dont have enough oxygen then you get carbon monoxide which kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oxygen depletion sensor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock