Discuss Overflow after supply cut-off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SouthernSam

HI, thanks in advance for your time. I hope you can give me some advice...
A large part of our area (Bracknell) had its water supply cut off this morning. The water is now back on, but every so often water from the cold tank in the loft escapes through the overflow pipe. I run the cold tap upstairs and the leaking stops.
Any ideas what's causing this and if it might rectify itself? I can see about ten other houses and their overflow pipes and none seem to be suffering with the same problem. I am avoiding actually going up into the loft because it's insulated and also the step ladder is under a pile of junk at the back of the garage!

Many thanks.

Welcome Sam most likely a bit of debris under the seating washer ...bite the bullet and change the ball valve for a new or or you could see if anyone on here is near you and get them to do it for you....Regards Turnpin:punk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Overflow after supply cut-off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
I have a ROS small faucet for drinking water. The main faucet in the kitchen works find. I recently replaced the main faucet but after...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to...
Replies
Views
Morning, I had a call yesterday from a colleague who said that after turning off the water the tap jammed and could not open back up. By all...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock