Search the forum,

Discuss Oven Door Seals - AR or NCS? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheRockSalt

Called to do a landlord gas safety where a bg engineer had previously said AR because the oven door did not shut, I did not agree as this is a flueless appliance and although to cook the oven door needs to shut but it terms of safety it does not have to be room sealed and so I classed it as NCS. I am cautious in contradicting another gas engineer and so wanted to check.

Why would it be AR? At risk of what?
A bit dubious about the NCS as well. Is it NCS because an oven door will not shut properly?
I would just be recommending replacement/attention.

any signs of heat distress on the control knobs? stiff/dried out gas taps?

one of the main issues with low level grills.

fitted a stateside cooker the other day with a single oven/grill set up, when you use the grill your supposed to slot a heat deflector plate just below the control knobs to avoid the above isssues. Looks crap to be honest.

Last edited:
any signs of heat distress on the control knobs? stiff/dried out gas taps?

one of the main issues with low level grills.

fitted a stateside cooker the other day with a single oven/grill set up, when you use the grill your supposed to slot a heat deflector plate just below the control knobs to avoid the above isssues. Looks crap to be honest.

seen a few with those deflector plates what a hassel - who will ever use them

seen a few with those deflector plates what a hassel - who will ever use them

when i explianed it to the customer they laughed at how bad it looked. I guess you can only tell then what required and hope they remember to use it, tho i cant see it myself. A high level grill would be better imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oven Door Seals - AR or NCS? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the depth of my cupboard is larger than this. The issue, however, is that the waste pipe which leads from the sink (next door cupboard) comes out quite a...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock