Search the forum,

Discuss Outside heating pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stephanie6000

Hello

I am considering buying this house and I wanted to know if the heating pipes being outside the house is normal? The estate agent said there was a new condenser oil boiler installed a couple of years ago in the garage. I have added a photo - any advice would be great.

Cheers
Steph

Back of house.jpg

You've more issues than outside pipes there.

Flue looks as though it terminates too close to the eaves, possibly the opening window too. Tank far too close to the building and the boundary. Flue not sealed in. Dunno whatthat white pipe is, unless it's the condensate pipe and he's lagged the discharge pipe!

If you argue a grand off the asking price to sort that all out you'll be doing ok..

Holy crap batman, who installed that, Stevie Wonder?

I think you would be nearer two grand as a conservative estimate. Tank too close to building opening, tank base not supporting the full base, tank base not extending 300 beyond widest part of tank, flue needs some work, if that is the condensate then it looks like a soakaway that may be too close to the building, should be minimum of 500 from wall. Tank is single skin and needs a good looking at, seems to have been affected by sunlight.

And thats just from an initial glance at the photo. Id be more worried about the stuff you cant see to be honest.

I'd get in the cart attached to the horse belonging to the installer of that and ride away.
As above if that's what you can see, what can't you see.

It would pay for you to pay for a reputable engineer to do a report. Where in the country are you? Maybe somebody on here close enough to help you out.

Why not get Supaplumb back? Just get the installers details just to ensure your not paying for them to check own work.

Thats a beauty, looks like the prv pokes throgh the wall and is letting by staining it next to the flue.

that is poor poor poor

Apart from the obvious look at the snake on the back wall of main house and over back addition...... don't tell me thats the F&R............

To add a few more:

Fire valve is upside down, so may not operate.
The copper oil line is clipped directly to the brickwork, should be plastic-coated.
Internal insulation has been used on the condensate drain.
The pressure relief pipework should terminate 100mm from the ground and point downwards.

If we can see all of these faults from one photo, I dread to think how many internal ones there are as well.

As above, you have more issues than the external heating pipes.

If I were buying that, I would be asking the solicitors to ask the vendor to get a report done on the whole system.

Windows look like non-openers so flue termination point might be ok, otherwise all of the above. What a bodge. Id print this off and show the estate agent, not that they would care as no-one else would think to ask.
That tank worries me, look how the base is dogged and as mentioned above....looks brittle due to UV.

Is that a balanced flue with some sort of plume management kit fitted?
There certainly appears to be many faults with the install. If the house is the one that you really want then be prepared to factor in the cost of a possible complete strip out and start over job.

Windows look like non-openers so flue termination point might be ok, otherwise all of the above. What a bodge. Id print this off and show the estate agent, not that they would care as no-one else would think to ask.
That tank worries me, look how the base is dogged and as mentioned above....looks brittle due to UV.

Look at the bottom inside of the left hand Window. Looks opening to me.

Now this is where ukpf comes into it`s own. Polite, informative help freely given by people in their own time.
Oh! and welcome to the forum Stephanie.

Guys you are all superstars, thanks so much!

I'm in Belfast btw so I'm not sure if I'm local to anyone...

Thanks again,
Steph

Tank definitely looks dodgy and needs replacing and siting properly (allow £1,500 +). As to the rest there's not enough details to see really.

I saw this just now Croppie, apologies. Do you have a number I can reach you on?

Cheers
Steph

Super Croppie to the rescue :)

Be interesting to know if its just as bad in real life as it is on the photo.

I thought you only did commercial work Croppie.

I suppose there are exceptions to every rule.

Damsel in distress - suitable exception.

You a softy at heart!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Outside heating pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock