Search the forum,

Discuss Outside flue hole not filled in by plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lazerlady28

How dangerous is this? Have put paper in as a stopgap.
Have written to Plummer with no reply. Next step small claims court?
HELP
lazerlady28

Paper? Pull out the paper as its flammable.
Un pointed flue is dangerous and products of combustion can re enter house...... In reality there are 1000's like yours . It isn't right or safe.
Your plumber sounds like he probably changes phone number every two weeks.

Get a GSR to rectify it. You could do it but better to get some one to check rest of install as the installer seemed to focus on quality opposed to speed of install. (Sarcasm)

get another engineer to put it right, report the other engineer to gas safe if you wish and the forget about it. Sounds like you wont have any contact with the installer and taking him to task wont get you anything apart from stress and loss of earnings.

The best thing you can do is make sure anybody you know does not give out work to this engineer.

What boiler is it, and what exactly do you mean by hole not filled in?

Vaillant and Intergas (definitely), and W-B (I'm pretty sure) explicitly state that it's acceptable to core a 125mm hole for a 100mm flue, and use the rubber ring provided to make the external seal, without the requirement to bond to the building fabric with mortar.

The way I read it I'd say the op means the flue has been moved and old hole not made good.

poor show not making good, could potentially be At Risk.

Last edited:
How dangerous is this? Have put paper in as a stopgap.
Have written to Plummer with no reply. Next step small claims court?
HELP
lazerlady28

Im sorry to offend, But if you were in any doubt that it were dangerous what in the earth were you thinking of by posting a question on the internet ???

Small claims court ???

The actual odds are very low, but technically the POC's could enter the cavity and rise up causing a problem above,

Technically the poc could seep in through a tiled or slate roof or any small gap in an external wall!
Houses (even new ones) are not air tight. The world is full of what ifs and no common sense.
As for the op, i,ve no opinions as there is not enough info to base one on except claims r us might be as much an issue as anything else

This has gone slightly off topic.

I'm going to split the thread and put the overly technical posts in the private forum.

Thank you for all your replies, very impressed. Will get another engineer to fill the hole for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Outside flue hole not filled in by plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has been serviced regularly over the years by different engineers with no issues. Last time , the guy wanted to condem it due to not being compliant with...
Replies
Views
Hi need some advice on this odd story, I had a Bosch boiler installed just over 2 years ago by Governments home energy scheme. The company passed all checks, provided certs etc. The government/Green scheme sends 2 other gas boiler engineers to double and triple check things and One was Bosch...
Replies
Views
D
we had a grant condensing boiler fitted last year, the lad works for a heating company and said would fit it. when he did he put the pipes all through the flue hole of the last inside boiler we had copper pipes all laid on top of each other. there was an electrical cable running through a...
Replies
Views
S
We are renting currently boiler in active for more than 3 weeks no despite landlord having 6 engineer visits It just stopped working had a fix lasted two weeks then off again. so know getting onto a 5 week issue. No current gas safe certificate in place boiler installed to low with not a enough...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock