Discuss Ordering parts for tomorrows job. got a couple of questions, help appreciated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys i'm doing a job tomorrow for a guy who is having his done up before he moves in.

The job is run pipes under floor in ensuite for shower, basin, toilet and towel rail.

All in plastic/push fit.

The floor is mostly up for what i need to do and the walls just have plaster board on so I can cut out what I need as he wants all pipes in the walls. (basically I can hack out what i need to make my job easier as someone is going in after me to decorate and tile).

The customer will be putting basin/shower/toilet/towel rail himself so he just wants the pipe in position to make the connections when he is ready.

I have almost got my list of fittings etc together but the one thing i'm not sure of is running the wastes for the shower and basin. I know how i'm going to route them and the 110mm pipe is already in the floor that I can add on to for the toilet. To connect on for the shower and basin i was going to use strap on bosses/adaptors and add them to the 110 that the toilet will be connected to. Is that allowed?

My plan for tomorrow is as follows

1. mark out section of walls to cut, mark joists for notching/drilling
2. cut out where i have marked
2. run pipe to roughly where they will go.
3. turn off water and drain, cut in to hot and colds
4. start connecting up pipe work and clip
5. cap off and check for leaks
5. run the wastes and make relevant connections
6. baton and replace plaster board cut outs
7. tidy up and leave

Sounds simple enough to me, starting at 8.30 reckon could be gone by 3ish if i crack on.

Sorry for the long post, just connecting the wastes was the reason for posting :D

if your altering the 110mm then try and use a short boss pipe. Strap ons are a pain in the :).

if you have to use the strap on boss, you will need a 57mm hole saw, and use some cleaner before you glue the suka on.

also if poss lagg the pipework.

bring the basin waste up inside the ped.

clip it all well.

if your altering the 110mm then try and use a short boss pipe. Strap ons are a pain in the :).

if you have to use the strap on boss, you will need a 57mm hole saw, and use some cleaner before you glue the suka on.

I am unable to find the short boss pipe you speak of any chance of a link please?

Short Boss Pipe Grey SP583 | NoLinkingToThis

you will need to buy the boss adaptors for the size you want to connect. i prefer to buy glued boss adaptors under floors to ensure they do get knocked out by other trades.

Found it! thanks will get the strap on ones too just in case

sorry, all i can find is the rubber adaptors, do you know where i can get the glueable ones please?

probably from a propa plumbers merchant tbh, not really seen them in the sheds. Most merchants that sell polypipe soil should stock them from my experience. If you cant get them then just get your waste pipework secured well to stop any movement.

All ordered now, screwfix 5 minute drive from where i'm working so any problems I can get there. Long days everyday at the minute. better than sitting watching jezza k though!

i would never use a strap on under floors their life isnt near the life of a proper joint
in theory every thing should go out seperately into the vertical stack worse way if your going into 4 inch below floors try and stab in the top or as near to the top as possible

Job completed successfully. Had to leave water on as long as possible as it was needed by others. (also kept me in regular supply of tea :D) ran all the pipe work before making the final connections.

Was a very very long day and makes me realise how slow i actually still am but all done properly and customer was happy. Thats the main thing. I got more experience and a bit more confidence.

Looks more professional to take the whole sheet of plasterboard off then replace after rather than cut outs in new work. Just my opinion.

Hope all goes well, you sound well prepared which is a massive help.

Looks more professional to take the whole sheet of plasterboard off then replace after rather than cut outs in new work. Just my opinion.

Hope all goes well, you sound well prepared which is a massive help.

Agree but i was just going off what the guy who is replacing it advised! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ordering parts for tomorrows job. got a couple of questions, help appreciated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock