Discuss Opinions lads, idiot letting agent content in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iain85

Ok story, go to do cp12. Boiler fails, noted on form and sent off to landlord. Landlord sends to Reid reins, Boiler replaced week later. Agent wants another cp12 after boiler fitted I said building regs and benchmark is all that's required due to cp12 lasting for a year and is not a pass or fail document. Landlord emails me this response from the clown at reed reins estate agency!

what say thee, clowns email below

'i have tried (several times), it goes to voicemail (i have left voicemails previously which have not been returned)

he is 100% incorrect, which is scary, i will take this up with gas safe as it sounds like he needs to be re-examined as a competent operative within the industry! ...i hope that it is just that he does not understand the 1998 housing act and HSE regulations, and is not struggling with gas safe guidelines too! ...of course when offering a service to landlords a basic understanding of all three is kind of essential!

sorry to drag you into this, you'd think for the time it takes to write out a piece of paper he'd be a little more helpful!

from our point of view, the house currently has gas appliances not currently certified as safe under a landlords gas safety certificate which is a legal requirement, whatever his opinion on the matter, the liability for this falls to you in the event of any problems i am simply looking after your interests none of us want a problem!

You dont need to cp12 a newly installed appliance as it will be installed and commissioned to gas safe regs.

Pen pusher.

Exactly my though I've just formulated a reply pm your address and il send it you for you to read first if that's ok bill? What a jobs worth this chimp is

Thanks lad, just emailed it to you. Right off out for a dewind. Did I mention I hate estate agents?

Looks good iain.

His a tool.
we can keep him on the phone all day monday ?
pass the phone between us?

Just forwarded it on, cheers for looking at that bill.

yes Monday will be fun that's for sure! If he has the balls to call that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Opinions lads, idiot letting agent content in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock