Discuss Opinion on quality of pipe work (pictures) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rob567

Hi forum

I had a new boiler put in and some pipes were put into the kitchen ceiling. I'm now in disagreement with the plumber as to whether the elbows of the plastic pipes are hanging too low. We are to plaster the ceiling but 3 separate plasterers have said its a poor job and they'll have to lower the ceiling.

Is there anyone there that can give me an objective opinion on these elbows?

photo (7).JPGphoto (9).JPG

Thanks

Attachments

• photo (8).JPG
    photo (8).JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 229
crap work and no way will a ceiling go flat against that,cant that plumber solder?plastic pipe and fittings disaster waiting to happen

Thanks for the replies. There was a ceiling when they he did the work. Laths and plaster. After the work was done I took the rest of the ceiling down. He says that the elbows were left so they'd fit if the ceiling was overboarded and that now "all" I need done is for the ceiling to be lowered.

get him back to correct it to your satisfaction i.e done in copper

I always avoid plastic pipes..called out to a job years ago as they had a leak. Turned out to be on the hot water from a combi(in hep) the fitting come apart at the weekend when the house was empty and hot water was pouring out all weekend an made a right mess of the kitchen..not a happy chap. COPPER FOR ME.

It's easy to criticise others work. All i see is 3 plastic pipes and a bit copper.
If you don't like it get him back.

B and q fittings. Looks like DIY to me

It's easy to criticise others work. All i see is 3 plastic pipes and a bit copper.
If you don't like it get him back.
tam i was expecting better from you,looking for words like a dogs dinner,plastic disaster LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Opinion on quality of pipe work (pictures) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I apologise in advance that this might not make sense or be full of silly/obvious questions, but I am a novice at all this! We have recently...
Replies
Views
The small bore pipe to 4 radiators was completely clogged up. One radiator stone cold , others barely luke warm. Those plumbers that bothered to...
Replies
Views
Having just moved into a property and discovering the central heating not functioning, after 3 months we eventually was able to get the property...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have had a Saniflo PRO XR for three years. Still under warranty and I put cleaner/descaler every three months. It is used once or twice...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Back