Discuss Opening the airing cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smillsey

Who else cringes when you open the airing cupboard.

Even when i go to the most immaculate well presented house.

I know there could be a horror story in the airing cupboard.

Pipes going all over the place at 45 degrees, compression leaky fittings everywhere, an immersion heater wired onto a plug, and then you think, surely thats not an isovalve.... nooooooooooooo

funny

yup all the time even when the cust knows you need to work in there its never been cleared or emptied!

It never ceases to amaze me how many clothes and towels and sheets can fit into an airing cupboard ...

I always ask if the customer would like a minute or two to clear out their cupboard but they never seem to mind. I'd be mortified if a plumber opened my airing cupboard to have a pair of my knickers smiling at him ...

It never ceases to amaze me how many clothes and towels and sheets can fit into an airing cupboard ...

I always ask if the customer would like a minute or two to clear out their cupboard but they never seem to mind. I'd be mortified if a plumber opened my airing cupboard to have a pair of my knickers smiling at him ...

I thought plumbers were like doctors. Seen it all before, Hippocratic oath etc.

lol there stinking most of the time, and most expect you to empty and re stack!! cheek of it.. under beds are bad quite shocking sometimes..... then there is the rock hard knickers and socks stuck behind rads.. why do we even do it!! .........oh yea, i dont know how to do anything else.

ha a knicker wearing plumber eh? your secret will be safe on here ;) lol

Nothing wrong with a good fitting pair of knickers. I prefer them over my head right enough:p

I don't mind the cupboard being full if it is an hourly rate. Gimme an iron and i'll press them before putting them back!
But on a priced job it does my nut in. Either they empty it or the lot is sitting on top of the bed for them to sort including the w... mags that have fallen down the back:)

I once ripped out a cylinder and found a massive black vibrater down the back!Now then,do I give it to the customer,or chuck it?In the end,I took it back to the office and told the apprentice to close his eyes,and open his mouth........

I recall seeing an airing cupboard not long after speedfit first came out, done totally with speedfit and not a clip in sight, put me off using plastic for ages that did!!!

I remember I once removed a cylinder and found a massive roll of twenty pound notes. The bloke had hide it their from his missus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Opening the airing cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock