Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Only bunded tanks from september in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killy Bing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
As per title

told on my inspection yesterday that the british standard concerning oil installations will be changed and all tank installs can only be installed if bunded or bunded provisions are made full stop.

(wondering if it'll effect your stock ray)

I welcome it tbh, far prefer bunded tanks and the new steel ones that are popping up look far nicer than the plastic.

I only fit bunded anyway. But the muppets will still be fitting single skin. I bet you will still be able to buy them after September. After all what will Oftec do?

This isn't from OFTEC, it is a change to Building Regulations. Will be interesting to see if the Building Inspectors enforce it.

(wondering if it'll effect your stock ray)

At the moment we don't carry stock of oil tanks because they are too bulky.

We are planning to add them when all the new buildings are up and running, but I don't think we would have bothered with single skin. We hardly sell any compared to bunded.

At the moment we don't carry stock of oil tanks because they are too bulky.

We are planning to add them when all the new buildings are up and running, but I don't think we would have bothered with single skin. We hardly sell any compared to bunded.

OHH goody.

will be taking requests from us lot on ideas for new stock :D

I was told that OFTEC rules are basically same as building regs, - break an OFTEC rule & it should fail a building inspection.
That said, I have no faith on OFTEC or building inspectors doing much to enforce sensible rules. At the end of the day, if something happens where rules are broken, it will be the installer who gets blamed if they can be traced.
I see new builds with condense pipes discharging on top of pathways, fire valves & ordinary Tigerloops fitted internally & PRVs discharging unsafely or bent back tight against the wall & everything is passed.

I've not fitted a single skin tank for over 5 years anyway.

Yup, not fitted, nor would I, a single skin for a long time. Not worth the risk.

It's been on the cards for a long time. Double skin tanks are already mandatory in many other countries. No surprise here.

Double skinned tanks are great for the thiefs ,, one of my friends went into his garden last week and there was about a hundred holes bored in his oil tank the STUPID thiefs didnt click after the first ten holes that they werent gettin any oil ,, Hay Ho for double skinned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Only bunded tanks from september in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock