Discuss one pipe flow and return in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eddiebrown424

Do the dimensions matter on this i.e. where i connect the feed pipe to the vent. I know it has to be 22mm pipe.

Has anyone got a diagram

Eddie

Only ever rip them out and replace them with the more efficient two pipe systems.

the system already has the feed into the return but negtive pressure seems to be drawing in air. The vent is within close proximity to the pump and I'm not sure if there is enough room to close couple. Boiler MIs state that a one pipe system is ok although i would prefer 2 pipes

i need to do something to eliminate the air being sucked in the vent.

Thnks for the responses.

Eddie

I don't think I've ever seen air drawn in via a combined feed and vent; that would be one hell of a pump!

I don't think I've ever seen air drawn in via a combined feed and vent; that would be one hell of a pump!

how else aside from a lea could air get into the system?? Its not combined at the mo feed is in the return (after the pump) and vent is directly behind the pump. I was informed that moving the feed to either a close coupled oe one pipe system would prevent air getting through via negative pressure.

Thanks for the response.

Eddie

Sorry howsie this has kinda dragged on from another thread....

I am unsure whether the system has a leak (buried pipework)
split coil in the cylinder (longshot)
Blocked feed (15mm into the primary return)

the header tank is filling and overflowing whilst the feed pipe is warm. There is also a constant stream of air in the system leading to a boiler fault code.

Apparently this is usually a blocked (partially?) feed pipe. I was advised to move the eed to a H layout.

any advice would be good

Thanks

Eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to one pipe flow and return in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to install a new single vertical radiator and need to know if matters if the thermostatic valve is connected to the flow or return pipes.
Replies
Views
Hello folks I've moved into a property last month and started to note things that may need looking at. Some of the radiators on the ground floor...
Replies
Views
Please can anyone let me know if the NTC thermostats are on the correct way around?? I did have problems with the return pipe heating up before...
Replies
Views
Hi, can anyone tell me which pipes are flow and return please. I removed old leaking 2008 C26 firebird oil boiler in June . We have now...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock