Discuss One for the experienced boys! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this problem,with many applainces all plumbed into the same pipework:

1 shower (by saniflow)
2 basins (1 by saniflow)
1 sink
washing machine
dishwasher
bath

All into a (very blocked!!!!) 40mm waste pipe that is probably 8 meters long and has very little fall on it !?!!!

I have got to rip it out and start agian from the stack down.

My question is what possibliities are there to solve this problem??

My thinking is that 50mm pipe isn't much of an option, but 110mm maynot be possible under the floor.

The saniflow outlets should be put directly into the stack to help this no doubt.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
Hi Dig the ground floor up and install drainage system and then soil stack. Dump saniflo and reroute waste pipes to soil stack. Job done. Good Luck

justlead has quoted you the way to do the job properly, with no comebacks, follow his advise.
if you cant let us know and we can tell you, secondary options, that are not the best way to fix problem, and will probably give you a regular call back.

shaun

Would you not think the reason saniflows have been used is because the area is below
gravity drainage level,
I to do not like sanflows or their ilk but they can be made to work reliably if the user makes a point of running lots of water through them, however Avatar you are probably right in changing the pipe work because without the appropriate (assuming you dont have it) kit, it can take hours to clear the crud and replacing the blocked pipes can be quicker and less messy.

Guess to start with I would be asking why they used saniflows in the first place?

I assume of course it was a professional job that was originally done?

Saniflows are usually a last resort not a choice.

So why have they been used I wonder?

If the saniflos are pumping into 40mm waste shared with other appliances it may be a job done by a professional but it certainly isn't a professional job.

Mike

The property is a top floor flat, which rules out the drainage solution suggested (unfortunately).

The guy who put the saniflows did so to 'fix' the problem of blockage of said pipe. Of course the gormless gits did not plumb them into the stack - they also used hose . . .

This one might be interesting.

Hi Avater, As you may have guessed i am not keen on saniflo (having been called out like you to clean them out on two many occasions) However the fact there is no soil / WC connecting. My advise would be to by-pass the existing waste pipe (as has already been suggested ) and re pipe using 2" mdpe or something similar, other than convectors either end, it smooth bore and no mechanical bends may help to reduce further blockages. Good luck

Last edited:
i love saniflows always breaking down,then need replacing at a good price because a lot of plumbers wont touch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to One for the experienced boys! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back