Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss One cold bedroom in a zone in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

I have 3 bedrooms in a zone. The main bedroom has an electric thermostat on the wall and the other 2 bedrooms has trv valves.
The main bedroom can be controlled ok with its electric thermostat and the second bedroom is too hot so I've turned the trv down. It needs a little tweeking but I think its OK but the third bedroom is too cold even with the trv open full.
I think the main bedroom is heating up quicker and then turning the whole zone off and not allowing it to heat up properly.
If this is the case, what are my options?
Do I need a bigger radiator in that bedroom to heater it up quicker than the main bedroom?

Do I need a bigger radiator in that bedroom to heater it up quicker than the main bedroom?
Maybe but you can probably adjust the lockshield valves on the other rooms to reduce their share of the heat and boost the amount getting to the cold room. The adjustments will be quite sensitive. When you are close to 'correct' you'll need to make changes in steps of 'hours', i.e. 1/12th of a turn. Search this site or Google 'balancing radiators' for detailed instructions.

You only normally need to increase the size of a radiator if it is getting nice and hot but the room is still too cold.

@Ltec - May I ask why you marked my post 'disagree'? Is it not a correct answer to your question, or at least the specific part I quoted? I also gave you a low-cost low-risk possible solution.

@Ltec - May I ask why you marked my post 'disagree'? Is it not a correct answer to your question, or at least the specific part I quoted? I also gave you a low-cost low-risk possible solution.
Sorry I didn't know i did. I didn't even know their was such a thing. Thank you for answering my question and you were first to respond to me. I forgot that radiators could be balanced so hopefully that will sort it.
My phone goes crazy on this website with adverts flying everywhere. I have to search between adverts to try to see answers.
I think the disagree is off the post now.

I think the disagree is off the post now.
Many thanks.

Something I should have mentioned in my original reply was to check that the cold radiator isn't full of air (or hydrogen). If it's colder at the top than lower down, try bleeding it. It's not clear how old your system is or how long there's been this problem but new systems often need to be bled and topped up with a small amount of water via the 'filling loop' a couple of times over the first few months of operation.

Hi Ltec,

I have been selling radiator flow boosters for years and I have just launched a new version as well.

Either version should solve you problem if you find it impossible to get what you want by just balancing flows via turning valves down.

Reply to One cold bedroom in a zone in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
I have an older gas boiler HW heating system with a taco circulator pump for each zone that worked fine last season. When turning it on for the...
Replies
Views
Hope someone can help. I have dual zone heating in my new build. I have a TPOne-M downstairs and a TPOne-B in the master bedroom upstairs. When I...
Replies
Views
Hi. A new house regulation for a 2 zone heating system because it's bigger that 150sqm. I'm I right in saying zone 1 should be all of the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock