Search the forum,

Discuss Old Wok Range: does it need a gas interlock system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrWong

Hello All,

I have decided to write a post whether a old wok range cooker requires a gas interlock system? The wok range is well over 10 years old and in a very good condition. The gas engineer came over and inspected the wok and said it has failed due to no gas interlock system and fail safe device. I was told due to new regulations that the wok system needs to install these safety devices and was quoted at a ball park fugure of £1,500.00. In other hand, speaking to other people who had similar experience with me and I was told that if it was a old wok range then it does not require these safety devices. I am confused??? Any suggestions?:90:

Kind Regards

Wong

Yes it does.

There's a gas technical bulletin which I'm afraid you won't have access to that refers to this - TB140.

A gas detection system needs to be interlocked with your supply and extract fans. This would prevent the gas being turned on without them running.

And with the age of your appliance gas proving would need to be incorporated too. This tests the pipework and appliance downstream of the safety valve.

You've been advised correctly.

Pay him well Mr Wong, he's probably saved your life and your business.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he is talking about an interlock sytem then im guessing this is a commercial application.
With domestic cooking appliances if they are of a certain age then they may not need a flame safety device but im pretty sure thats out of the window with commercial catering. That could be where your friends confusion has come from.

Talk to your insurance company too, they will likely have something to say about not covering you if you don't comply or do not have an interlock in a comercial catering application

In the grand scheme of things that isn't a large price tag, it also removes human error which could leave your establishment as a hole in the ground, litterelly.

No brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old Wok Range: does it need a gas interlock system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock