Discuss old system open vented in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
when hot water is asked for using danfoss 3020p,the rads also come on,the system suffers from air locks on the hot water side due to low head.thers a mid position valve on first inspection seemed to work but as the water got hotter so did both hot water and ch pipes of it,this has been a long on going problem,coming to light due to the warm weather,would you change valve in the first instance.

I would upgrade to s plan

Far better control
Simple to diagnose
Easy to over

Hi desrob.

Check the valve for operation, watch and listen for it operating when demands for HW or HW and heating are made.

If mid position valve not operating at all (synchronous motor bust). In which case change the valve head or change the motor.

If valves appears to be motoring but not fully operating it may be crud in the old system preventing it from closing off the relevant port, in this case A.

I prefer to renew whole valve, but clearing the crud out of the existing is an option.

Is this a new problem? If it's being going on for a while it could be reverse circulation due to incorrect return pipe configuration. Let the system go stone cold and then try feeling the pipes from the valve with just hot water on. I reckon a good 90% of the "faulty" 3 port valves I attended in my time with eagaheat were actually reverse circulation problems.

Sorry was ment to write easier to diagnose IMO

Is this a new problem? If it's being going on for a while it could be reverse circulation due to incorrect return pipe configuration. Let the system go stone cold and then try feeling the pipes from the valve with just hot water on. I reckon a good 90% of the "faulty" 3 port valves I attended in my time with eagaheat were actually reverse circulation problems.
i titally agree mike i tried to get to the bottom of how longs this has been going on,the reply was it has never been right...with that in mind i thought the system probably not piped up correctly,if this is the case, were do you start,changing to 2 ports doesn't really cut it,probs still there,and i can't start ripping the place up,whats my options....?

The way I see it is it's either a faulty valve or reverse circulation.
Start the system from cold in hw only and see if it's getting through the three port. If it is then job done, if not then you'll need to trace the pipework.

The way I see it is it's either a faulty valve or reverse circulation.
Start the system from cold in hw only and see if it's getting through the three port. If it is then job done, if not then you'll need to trace the pipework.
yes i know mate,but if it is reverse(and i think it is)the punter will just put up with it.

Nowt you can do to help then if the custard doesn't want to splash the cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to old system open vented in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
I recently took off an end stop on the vent/expansion pipe over the heating header tank. I now know why it was capped off. When the 2 way valve...
Replies
Views
I have an old Potterton suprima boiler with a hot water tank and pump. We have hot water but no heating, the light on the boiler is showing amber...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock