Search the forum,

Discuss Old Perkins oil pressure jet boiler with Danfoss 057L Control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PinkyPerky

I hope someone can help. I think I need a Danfoss 057L0001 control but these are obsolete. Perhaps someone has one on the shelf which they will never use!

I have a 40 year-old Perkins single-phase MINI pressure jet boiler which is fitted with Danfoss parts. It has developed a fault which despite my being familiar with the boiler and your components I have not yet been able to sort. Perkins was liquidated in 2007. Noone locally is familiar with the boiler or control and they just say fit a new boiler which being retired I cannot do
I have the Danfoss 12 page Oil Burner Control Type 57L document BK.21.C1.02. but I cannot see how to attach this. I also have a short video showing the action of the internal relays.

The boiler has a Danfoss Type 57L1 Nr 057L0001 control, which I have been told is obsolete and no longer available. The boiler uses a Danfoss FD flame detector.
Symptoms:
When started, the boiler runs the fan to clear the combustion chamber. It then runs the pump and ignition. The flame starts but doesn’t get established. It repeatedly cycles through the ignition phase every couple of seconds but does not trip the cutout. I can hear the relays inside the control. Initially it did this 3 or 4 times before starting and running, but not now.
Thinking that it might be the FD I replaced it with a new one I have but it made no difference.
To ensure it wasn’t the fuel supply I have replaced the oil filter and cleared the pump, fuelline and jet of any air.
I have removed the cover off the control and can see the relays working but after the flame has started the lower solenoid relay 057L002M goes off, slightly before the upper relay 057L5001FM. It would appear the pump isn’t kept in circuit.

If as soon as it starts I keep the lower solenoid relay closed with a rubber band the pump continues to run and the boiler functions fine while the system heats up but of course the pump will not shut off unless the KD stat is satisfied. This has allowed me to heat the water in the hw cylinder while watching the control. If I remove the band the lower solenoid opens and the system repeats the ignition attempts. I could attach a video showing the control in action if I knew how!
I am assuming there is a fault in the Control

All components appear to be OK.
There is no perceptible pitting of the contacts in the control and the FD is fine, as a new one made no difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fear not! Having done it for 40+ years I am competent - Pinky helps when I need a second pair of hands! I am hoping that someone has a 057L1 on the shelf otherwise I will have to buy the upgrade 057H8102 = OBC 82.10 control box and 057H7224 Service kit

40 years in the oil industry or 40 years chancing your arm?

Sits back with popcorn :wink:

Also gasman, that blooming insect is driving me nuts. One of my cats got fleas and I keep thinking theres one on my screen

FFS not another i am a engineer its not rocket science type

Unfortunately it's going to take a few pretty, blonde haired, blue eyed, wee girls to be killed by faulty or inadequately maintained oil appliances before the government and HSE sit up, take notice and put the restrictions on oil that we have on gas regarding who can and cannot work on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
ffs go and buy the danfoss upgrade kit if you know that is whats required and relax and be happy in your fume filled environment supplied by your 40 plus year old flue liner

Have fitted these and a solenoid and everything is fine. The controller is 42 years younger than the original.
Disappointed that no one on the forum could help. Expected a few clever-dick professional forum vigilantes who don’t respond to the queries posted. Surprised they didn’t know the Perkins is a balanced flue room-sealed boiler built into a solid wall and with access from the outside.
They also presume too much too – I have an elderly BacharachTrue-Spot and a testo fga and am just as safety conscious as ‘professionals’ as it my family and home that is at risk.

Clown.

"I've been doing it for years so I must be competent!"

Wrong.

Closing this thread now because your cocky "look at me, I'm so clever" attitude is annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old Perkins oil pressure jet boiler with Danfoss 057L Control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock