Discuss Oil v's Night Rate Elec in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey,

Looking for peoples thoughts....

Delivered kWhr cost of Kerosene is 13 or 14 cents (probably higher with an old oil burner like mine).

I'm stuck for space for an air source heat pump / only have an enclosed yard for outdoor unit and i'd be looking at an install cost of 15k to 20k by the time alls said and done.

I'm thinking of upgrading to 3 phase electricity, buying an electric boiler (40kw), Accumulator tank (1000L upto 5000L) to heat the house and tank of water at night for 11cents a kwh, and using the stored accumuator heat for space heating during the day....electric boilers are cheap, silent, 100% efficient and i can always connect a solid fuel back boiler / pellet boiler or heat pump later on if needed.

In the coldest weather this year I was using 25 litres of oil a day / 250kWh of heating a day.

1000l of water at 90 to 20 degrees will good around 85kWh.

So could I heat a 3000l tank with cheaper night rate electricity and use that stored heart during the following day?

Thanks.

Reply to Oil v's Night Rate Elec in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back