Search the forum,

Discuss oil tank level gauge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

Is this some sort of float?customer wants a tank level gauge fitted,can this be use if it what set up can be fitted oil1.jpgoil 2.jpg

can i fit one of these?Adjustable Mechanical Level Gauge 1.8m - Toolstation

Don't know about what you have there, but that mechanical gauge from Toolstation went out with the Ark IMO. Been many years since I have seen one. They had a tendency of the float not moving and the tank being empty when the gauge indicated plenty oil.
Apollo oil tank remote gauge would be handy

I like the apollo ones.

Yes. They are so easy to fit and seem reliable.
I personally would rather not have any oil gauge and just take a look into the tank every few weeks. :smile:
Oil tube gauges are very popular here, but risky things in many respects and tubes need replaced often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to oil tank level gauge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a SIP space heater and fitted a new matching spec oil nozzle as part of a service on it. I wanted to check the pump pressure with the new nozzle and its difficult to be sure what port to connect to. And that these pumps are definitely adjustable! I turned an Allen screw which is not...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve gauge was going up when the water tank was switched on. My local plumber came and re-pressured the expansion vessel as it was flat, afterwards we tested...
Replies
Views
plumber has not fitted water supply pipes level to tiles in shower, one side is approx 5-7 mm out of line, can i fit some sort of extension to resolve?
Replies
Views
This unit is located in France where they use diesel not kerosene. The feed from the underground tank is not getting through to the boiler. The boiler works fine if I connect the hoses up to a remote tank of diesel. I am assuming that a filter is blocked somewhere but there is nothing between...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock