Discuss Oil flow to tiger loop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BRJ

Our burner locks out. The oil flow coming into the tiger loop appears too slow to keep up with pump demand and so it runs out. If left for a few minutes the oil level in the tiger loop builds up and allows the boiler to fire again but only for a few minutes. This occurred for the first time 4 days ago at a coincidence of (1) a delivery of fuel was made, we hadn't run out and (2) following a week of outside temperatures of - 5 to -12 C. The temp outside has now been + for a couple of days. Any ideas ?

During fill-up a great deal of air bubbles are created - sounds as though you've been unlucky and have air in the line - try bleeding the oil .

Many thanks. Fearful of disconnecting the oil pipe either outside at the tank or in the confines of where the Tiger loop is installed to bleed like you suggest, I played around with blowing-sucking the oil level tube, firing the boiler for short bursts with the tank outflow closed and then suddenly opening to move things along. Whether it was cold oil or dirt sludge build up, or an air lock, I seem to have managed success. Hope it lasts.
Again many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil flow to tiger loop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had an eco tec plus 836 combi installed as part of an oil to gas conversion. One thing I can’t work out is why the bathroom sink hot...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Hi, Following an Anglia Water complete loss of Water Supply in Milton Keynes, I had a call from a Tenant reporting the No Water Flow Fault On the...
Replies
Views
Back