Search the forum,

Discuss Oil CH System Installed - OFTEC Registered Tech now 'Disappeared' - No CD10/11 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fluxite

Hi Guys - first post in desperation!

We recently had a complete oil CH system installed (including tank) by an OFTEC-registered guy (a one-man limited co. business). The system works well, and looks (to me!) to have been installed quite competently.

Unfortunately, he was due to return to finish off a few cosmetic 'issues', and to 'do the paperwork' - and somewhat foolishly I paid the final balance. Since then he has been uncontactable, and (more worryingly) his trading limited company is now showing as 'dissolved':(

He is still listed as OFTEC-registered on their website....

My concern is that we still have no 'CD/10' or 'CD/11' installation & commissioning certificates to validate the boiler guarantee - or more importantly to satisfy any future buyer's solicitors!

I did try phoning OFTEC, but they really didn't seem that interested.

Can someone kindly advise how to proceed?

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave

Unfortunately OFTEC currently don't have the teeth and powers of enforcement that Gas Safe do.

I would advise you employ another oftec chap to cast his eye over the job. It could cost a pretty penny though. None of us like signing off other people's work, I'm sure you can understand that.

Roughly whereabouts are you? One of us might cover that area.

Thanks for that, croppie! Sorry for late reply - we've just changed broadband suppliers and there was a 'hiccup' (the technical term) between them...

I've spoken to a different chap at OFTEC, who seemed a bit more sympathetic, and he'll try and contact the installer. I hope he has better luck than me :-(

We're in Cornwall, BTW - nothing here ever seems to happen very quickly!

Cheers,
Dave

We've got a web fingered weirdo in Ilfracombe, I would recommend him.

Only problem is that you would have to listen to him........

Thanks for that, croppie! Sorry for late reply - we've just changed broadband suppliers and there was a 'hiccup' (the technical term)

We're in Cornwall, BTW - nothing here ever seems to happen very quickly!

Cheers,
Dave

Yep, sounds like Cornwall to me. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil CH System Installed - OFTEC Registered Tech now 'Disappeared' - No CD10/11 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock