Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Oil central heating flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMB

Hi,
Searched but unable to find the answer.
The flue appears to have a central pipe (exhaust gases) with an air intake around it, just like our own gas boiler flue. However it is positioned below an opening window, but slightly to one side.
What are the regulations concerning flue placement near to an opening window.
So how close can it legally be in both directions.
Thanks

What boiler is it?

Sorry, don't know.
The boiler is an oil fired combi boiler, ie no hot water storage tank in the house.
It is in the house that my daughter has moved into and I have slight concerns.

Sorry, don't know.
The boiler is an oil fired combi boiler, ie no hot water storage tank in the house.
It is in the house that my daughter has moved into and I have slight concerns.

how close is it to the window opening ?

Looked at a few different mi's by different manufacturers.

The clearances for both SE and HE models are the same.

Take a butchers at this.

Screenshot_2016-10-28-21-04-46.jpg

The distance is greater than those in the table.
MANY thanks Croppie, never thought of going through mi instructions.
You have put my mind totally at rest.
Cheers
SMB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil central heating flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I was hoping someone could advise regarding the regulations around flue terminations through a 'fake' window. We have a...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
I live on the 3rd floor of a 6-story block of flats. (26 flats in total). During the evening when all people are inside their flats and using...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock