Search the forum,

Discuss Oil boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Snowey

Wondering if anybody could help me,having a problem with a 50/90 slimline kabin pak the boiler only fires when the door of the casing is off when it's firing and you put it back on it knocks of,so I'm thinking its the fan or the air in take any ideas?????

some previous posts on this issue if you look and check your wiring for shorts as a starter as well as blocked air intake or broken seals.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem will be due to the burner being starved of air. It has to be set up with the door on. Opening the air up slightly should cure it but you would need to have someone with a flue gas analyzer to set it up. The other thing it could be is a leaking cleaning door gasket so that when you close the door it is breathing its own fumes. Either way its an engineers job.

Thanks for your help,I've tried open the air intake and then it works but it's not burning right and I don't have a flue analyzer.should the fan be taking a part and cleaned out or just changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock