Discuss Oil Boiler Issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I took about 10- 15 Litre out of another oil tank where I was servicing another boiler that was running with no issues as the fuel depo wont supply me with oil under 500 Litres.

just randomly thinking is it reset right away could it be the control box that is away.

The other thing is save your self the heart break and call the manufacturer out sometimes you just need to walk away from job like this

The manufacturers will not attend due to the location of the boiler. They have offers advice as have riello but so far it hasn't made a difference to the way the boiler has ran.
It is almost getting to the point that labour costs will out weight the price of another boiler, I am not keen on this as I hate the thought of something mechanical beating me, there is an issue for sure so it is going to be possible to sort it but it is getting expensive for the customer or me as it is hard to charge. Even if I do go down the route of another boiler I can't be sure that it will be any better....
Thanks for all your help so far chaps,

Next time wait and let the burner run the hour. That way you will find out if the burner fails and goes to lockout while it was running, or if it lockout on the cycle.

What voltage are you getting off the control winding off the motor. It's a white wire, from memory but memory is crap these days it should be around 60v.
And a daft question, it's not running gas oil is it?

How has this one ended??

Kevin D - 50v on the white wire :smile:

Vacuum at the tank? Checked the tank vent?

Hope it's running OK now, sounds like a big bill for the customer :rolleyes2:

or it could be just a solenoid needing swapping for a new one on the fuel pump

You sure its locking out and not going off on the stat? Have you checked the custards nomenclature? Ive had this, even recently...Im chasing a lock out but it turns out to be control related :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil Boiler Issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock