Discuss Odd tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whn1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Saw a thread earlier when ecowarm mentioned about using a shave hook for shaving lead! Ordered already, was just wondering what other odd tools you guys own or find usefull in our game..

Gotta love the gorilla tub, I bet the guy/ girl who thought up that idea is rolling in it now!

a axe for ideals saying that i actually repaired one today rather than kill it

Angle grinder. Use it for everything I can. Surprising really. I only bought it to cut flues

Bicycle pump for pressure testing.
DeWalt 18v screwdriver.
Dustpan and brush.

had a few of these in various sizes - they were dead handy for compression fittings where pipes were close together and normal open ender or adjustables can't get in there without scraping on pipes either side (e.g. where you're working with talon clips interlocked together under a combi). have to admit though, toolbox was heavy enough already. had a little bernzomatic gas soldering iron too - was sound for fixing pcbs and tinning wires, lighting smoke pellets etc.

Attachments

• flare nut ring spanner.jpg
    flare nut ring spanner.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited by a moderator:
Bicycle pump for charging expansion vessels

Stihl saw

Bicycle inner tube for blowing out airlocks in hot gravity pipework

Vernier caliper

On the subject of bike pumps, aldi have one on special offer from tomorrow, floor stander with extra long hose, like the regin one, except it's a fiver. I'll buy buying one as my current pump is crapola.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bicycle pump for charging expansion vessels

Stihl saw

Bicycle inner tube for blowing out airlocks in hot gravity pipework
ta
Vernier caliper

bicycle inner tube? if you don't mind me asking, how does that work whpes? that's a new one on me - I used to just remove the boiler stat and let it boil up - it used to work a treat, and although I never split a heat exchanger, I'm sure i must've come close. be just my luck to find a better way now that I don't come across gravity stuff very much anymore!

For bath taps - shove one end on the hot, another on the cold and open both taps - blows airlock into cistern.

For bath taps - shove one end on the hot, another on the cold and open both taps - blows airlock into cistern.
ah, got you - i was thinking of the primary side - hence my confusion. inner tube's ideal for your use though eh. just gone an put one in me kit now. my mrs is gonna go nuts when she sees her bike though.

ah, got you - i was thinking of the primary side - hence my confusion. inner tube's ideal for your use though eh. just gone an put one in me kit now. my mrs is gonna go nuts when she sees her bike though.

I use one of those crappy rubber shower attachments with the shower hose capped off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Odd tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock