Discuss Not what I was expecting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasmanrob

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Had a job come through today, customer says the cold water pressure bursts out the tap dies of then comes back and runs fine.

So make my way over expecting to find a dodgy prv or blending valve maybe back flow from a shower. After the customer is finished demonstrating the problem I ask to see the airing cupboard as I believe that maybe where the problem is.
She responds do you mean the thing with the hot water tank? That's downstairs just make your way down its the last door you come to.
I open the door and my jaw dropped on the floor as I was not expecting this!!!
imagejpeg

The anticipation is killing me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

here think this should work really struggling to upload let alone get it the right way up.
photo.jpg

Thats a cold water storage tank in the cellar that has 2 pumps on it that then feeds the 3 cloakrooms 5 en suites a utillity and a dog washing room.

Turns out the silver expansion vessel isnt what it seems. its actually an accumulator that stores pressure so the tap gives a steady pressure until the pump kicks in then when the tap shuts the pump runs on to re fill the accumulator till the next time. ended up that the accumulator had lost its charge. so nothing to complicated but nearly dropped a brick when i opened the door and was faced with that!

could have been worse. there could have been a body drop out lol. looks a serious bit of kit.

looks like somebody has an account with rm labels.

looks like a quality installation. 3 bed semi?? ;)

somebody thought that out,had pride in there work

Im not surprised that house is worth more then i'll earn in a life time. I should imagine that was someone on a day rate rather then price. but was nice to see everything marked up clipped and just how it should be.

quality installation. like been said pride in there work. takes a certain installation to show off like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Not what I was expecting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock