Discuss Non standard tap gland +1 inch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

The attached image show a tap gland more than 1 inch in diameter.
Is it possibly American?

IMG_20190309_181623692.jpg

Looks like 3/4. Could have a bushing on it, the thread looks a different (finer) gauge to bsp though? I’m sure there’s some other finer thread guage which I cannot for the life of me remember!

Sorry to be a pain, but can you take an image of the valve from the front pls? Would like to see if it is indeed sat in some form of carrier.
Take it from the front slightly off to the side. Try to focus on the widest part pls.

No it won't be American. The USA uses NPT thread which at 3/4 & 1/2" version are directly interchangable with BSP.

Just a 'blinding glimpse of the obvious' thought. Why are you not simply rebuilding the originals?

Clean all the parts well using something to scrub the brass and then use silicone grease suitable for drinking water on the works before you put it together.
Looks reasonable condition

I suppose I could make an attempt at rebuilding.

View attachment 37619

Oh, thanks for the heads up David :rolleyes: ...

New O rings, washer, a good scotch bright and fill it with silicone grease and it will see that good as. Face the tap seating also.

I dispair sometimes. DO NOT face the seat. Most are hard chrome plated and removing it ruins the whole tap. Modern taps seats are NOT designed to be re-cut.

Best. O-rings are simple to replace. See previous write ups from me on the subject.

Reply to Non standard tap gland +1 inch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back