Discuss Noisy toilet when refilling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lbolton100

Hi, can anyone help me with my noisy toilet problem?

When the toilet is flushed and then starts to refill instantly as the toilet starts to refill something is making a fog horn noise and its around where the water comes in.

The noise stops if you take off the bit with the clear plastic sleve tube thing and the pin in the top of the pipe that the ball and arm rests on is vibrating.:p

Clearly I am not clued up on the technical lingo but I feel I have enough about me to be able to fix this given some sound advice.:D

You may need a new diaphram or the pipe work could be vibrating due to not been cliped back. Hope this helps.

Hi
sounds like water hammer service the ballvalve ie new diaphram washer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noisy toilet when refilling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock