Currently reading:
Noisy icos

Discuss Noisy icos in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny5isalive

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi. Be most grateful for any advice from the learned. I've been to one of these that intermittently cycles with a very loud deep vibrating noise. Sounds respiration based.

Does it with the front off also so not flue seals I'm thinking?
Doesn't change if I touch/move fan. Flue.

Condense clear. Sump clear. Trap clear.
Fga great
Inlet pressure fine
Gas valve resistance correct as per ideal technical.

When I first went to it it had no water in the trap. Probably because the flue had no fall. And it was set to max so no condensing. Remedied these two faults and it seemed to go away. Jobs a good UN I thought.

Customer calls and its making noises again.
Will check trap has water in again when I go back as it seemed to be linked to having an open airway into the drain.

Other things I've done
Run hot water through hex
Checked hex which is clear
Cleaned sump of hex bits
Changed ignition electrode and ionisation probe and set to correct dimensions.

Changed pump (external) as that was shot
Condense and flue now run downhill the right way.
Reseated fan.

Thanks Jon

49aaeb0ec992f4556e704d6461eaa8ad.jpg

Flue was made of three parts.

ce6593dda99ba0aed7b9ba73b29e7fd1.jpg

Turns out middle was a different flue entirely and there was no seal between two sections of the exhaust.

Gas valve sorted the noise.

Flue needed replacing as there was a joint in the wall. Was worse than I thought on pulling it out.

And when it goes wrong again in six months time, they'll wish they would have had a new boiler.

And when it goes wrong again in six months time, they'll wish they would have had a new boiler.
You being serious? 6 Months? It is an Icos!
When it goes wrong in 6 weeks time, they will wish they fitted new boiler!:smiley2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noisy icos in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back