Discuss Noisy cold water storage cistern and pipes when refilling with water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

loziv

Hi

We have just bought a new house and we have just had a new boiler Worcester Greenstar 30 CDI system boiler along with a new tank in the loft which replaced two galvanised steel tanks in the loft. The previous boiler was a floorstanding stalrad boiler which was on its last legs.

Originally we were going to go for Greenstar 24ri regular boiler but when they were doing the work they found out that the previous boiler ran two seperate feeds for the downstairs and upstairs (I think thats what they said) so we had to go for a system boiler

However what we are finding is if we run hot water say for 5 mins if we are washing our hands or rinsing dishes there is a tremendous noise coming from the tank in the loft or pipework as it fills back up with water.

Is this normal or has it been installed incorrectly? Thanks someone also told me that because it was a galv tank previously and it was replaced with a plastic tank and the mains water pipe would not be clipped anymore, because the old galv tank would have helped support it??

Also in the airing cupboard are two copper feeds now capped off that were going to the loft (as the previous system was a regular system with a cold water storage cistern) so could this be adding air into the system?

The plumbers who installed the system are coming back Monday to look at fixing the problem.

We are not in the property at the moment as its being renovated - but did some more investigation tonight.

Had the hot water tap running and lone behold the noise started - the pipes in the airing cupboard were very noisy along with the cold expansion tank in the loft when refilling with water.

Also my hot water pressure is far lower than my cold water pressure - is this related or is this another problem that they need to solve.
TIA

Lauren

new float valve will sort it even changing the diaphragm would do it but just as eazy to change the whole valve

guess its sorted then lol actually i did but only after i posted ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noisy cold water storage cistern and pipes when refilling with water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if you could help me. The overflow pipe drips intermittently from the large cold water storage tank in the loft. Not the small F and...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hope you’re all doing well. I had a new bathroom installed recently which involved new piping, and also capping off some redundant...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock