Discuss Noise from mega flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Malundy

Hi,

I'm new to this site please can anyone help. I have a megaflow fitted in my loft. Each morning when I turn on any tap a loud groaning noise come from the loft . The noise started for only a short time now lasts for some 20 seconds . It doesn't matter which tap/ shower I use I still get the noise. If I've been out all day when I run the bath at night the noise appears again . I should mention that once the noise stops if I use another tap straight away the noise has gone. Could it be related to the central heating system as I recall e noise starting only since the radiators were switch on in October. I have bled the radiators just incase it was an air lock the pressure on the gauge is right any ideas?

Malundy

I think it's unlikely to be anything to do with your heating system.
It may be to do with the pressure build-up when the water is heated. When you run a bath at night, has the water just been heated up (whilst you're out).

When was it last serviced?

Have you tried recharging the air bubble?

As above, it is the relief of pressure which has built-up when the cylinder was heated, you open a tap & the pressure in the system drops, this sometimes causes problems with the main control valve or the expansion vessel (if fitted). Are you sure it is a Megaflo & not another make of un-vented cylinder ? There is one make that is very prone to this.

Get it checked out by a part G plumber who is familiar with these systems (not just an installer).

I think it's unlikely to be anything to do with your heating system.
It may be to do with the pressure build-up when the water is heated. When you run a bath at night, has the water just been heated up (whilst you're out).

When was it last serviced?

Have you tried recharging the air bubble?

not sure when it was last serviced it was here when I moved in three years ago but think it was fairly new then how often should it be serviced ?

Will have a look look at re charging the air bubble

regards

The manufacturers recommend an annual service.
If it hasn't been touched since you moved in (3 years ago), it would be sensible to have a G3 qualified engineer to service it, and ensure it's working safely and efficiently.

Sensible but it's just a tank? I mean I get my car mot every 3 years and that could kill some one? Oh unvented cylinders are dangerous if not maintained or installed correctly.... Golly gosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noise from mega flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock