Discuss noise driving me mad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nuneaton lad

had a clunking noise in water pipes for a while thought it was my pipes could not work it out as the noise was random and not happening when we were running our water and was even happening after midnight when we are all in bed through means of deduction I suddenly realised the noises stopped when our neighbours went away and started again when they came back and the pipes started clunking again live in a terraced house walls are thin so we can hear the washing machine being used and the noises coincide with when the water is being used have asked my neighbour if he has any problems with noise in the water pipes answer was no anyone ever heard of this kind of problem grateful of any advice

Can be known to happen.

You should get someone to fit a 'shock arrester' at a point in your water supply before the water supply enters your house.

This may stop or reduce the problem.

Strange question - but it has been known to happen in flats and terrace houses.
Are you on separate water supplies or on combined water supplies.

What you may want to do is, when you know the neighbours washing machine is on, turn your stopcock off and see if the washing stops.
I'm sure the neighbours will let you know if this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to noise driving me mad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back