Search the forum,

Discuss No soldering in loft , any ideals in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I need to run new flow and returns in loft and soldering is out of the question,I will use copper as worried about plastic pipe but which is the best fitting compression, shark bite tectie classic or sprint or hep , not worried about cost !
Cheers
Jason

If your a diyer then sharkbite or tectite classic is probably your best choice alot of professionals use crimp fittings in lofts and vulnerable areas to avoid hot work , the tool can be hired from hire shops and fittings available from Bes online or most local plumbers merchants only thing is the presstool jaws need to be matched to the brand of fittings you use . Regards kop

Reply to No soldering in loft , any ideals in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock